* Move freight, stock, or other materials to and from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, ships, or containers, by hand or using trucks, tractors, or other equipment.
* Sort cargo before loading and unloading.
* Attach identifying tags to containers or mark them with identifying information.
* Conduct Cycle Counts
* Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs.
* Stack cargo in locations such as transit sheds or in holds of ships as directed, using pallets or cargo boards.
* Record numbers of units handled or moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets.
* Install protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
* Direct spouts and position receptacles, such as bins, carts, or containers so they can be loaded.
* Attach slings, hooks, or other devices to lift cargo and guide loads.
* Maintain equipment storage areas to ensure that inventory is protected.
* Other duties as assigned.